Tucson Circus Arts’ mission is to provide the highest quality and most diverse physical theater, circus and performance training available. We encourage a balanced program of circus, dance, theater, music, martial arts and craft-developing body, mind and spirit thru multi disciplinary activity. Our board and teachers are both nationally and internationally based and always expanding.
TCA’s directive is to further perpetuate Circus as a fine art form. Uniting physical theater, dance, music, martial arts and circus arts we believe is the key to helping create well rounded, talented and empowered performers of all kinds.
Our programs are community based, non-competitive and professional. We strive to infuse the creative act as a mode of living and learning through practice, performance, participating and creating modern festal culture.
We see the performer as the conduit for a vision greater then themselves-the healer on a journey towards their own wholeness for the greater good.
Tucson International School of Circus and Performing Arts (TCA) is a subsidiary of Many Mouths One Stomach, a Tucson Based 501 (c) 3 Non Profit Arts Organization. Your tax deductible donation supports performing arts and festal culture in Southern Arizona-Please Donate HERE.
Our vision is to create Tucson as a substantial winter home for numerous world class teachers, performers and companies. We envision an enormous multiplex facility located in Downtown Tucson that reflects the cutting edge of physical training for circus and performing arts as well as a world class indoor/outdoor performance venue.
Our board is already diverse and international and we will eventually expand to include representatives from prominent circuses and performance schools in the world. This in turn will feed our local community by offering the very best in education and enhancing public life by generating numerous cultural festivities.
- Well Being: the specific sense of wholeness in the being-the feeling of being able to learn anything-the state of balance between body, mind, and spirit.
- Participation: by engaging activity one helps to create
- Practice: the body learns thru repetition-the dendrites are built thru constant activity creating pathways for the body to express freely what it has repeated. Thru Practice we achieve prowess.
- Safety: the sense that risks can be taken without harm
- Integrity: the sense, feeling and or realization that something is honest and as true as can be. The sense that something is infused with past moments — history, practice, grounding.